Procurement Strategy for School Buildings (Green Procurement)
Public Procurement is an essential element to the ongoing operational management of our primary, second and third level institutions and is a crucial pillar to the successful expansion of our building infrastructure.
Bringing together leading voices of professionals in the field of procurement, this session will provide an insight into how procurement is advancing and developing. There will be an opportunity to discover how the green circular economy is being considered in the procurement of services and works to reduce environmental impact and promote sustainability. Opportunities to enhance procurement in practice through early collaboration with stakeholder, suppliers and works providers will also be discussed.
- Ronan Farrell Director - Schools Procurement Unit
- Paul Sheridan Construction Industry Federation
- Fiona Thomson Procurement Officer - University College Cork
- David O’Brien Chairman of the Government Construction Contracts Committee - OGP
- David Skene Senior Civil & Structural Engineer - An Roinn Oideachais | Department of Education